Friday, May 18, 2012

My Part of Our Journey Goes on Because I Choose...

    Its been almost 2mo. since I've written here.
It hasn't been easy. Danny's bail was so high that he couldn't post it. Then there was a somewhat complicated ordeal of turning all his funds back in to Social Security and relinquishing payee status to his mom.  During his time in jail, he called endlessly...but over time the calls slowed and all but stopped. 
    I have tried moving on...unsuccessfully. I even accepted a dinner invitation or two from an older gentleman who liked me a lot. But it felt wrong, and when I tried to stress that all I wanted was a friendship for a long while but he seemed to be moving too quickly, I had to withdraw completely, hurting him I'm sure in the process. It only served to tell me I was not ready to move on, because I still love Danny so very much. Bombarded with either spoken or implied demands that I leave this all behind...even telling MYSELF that...it wasn't and isn't happening. And as the weeks have passed recently, and after an emotional week of soul-searching, I came to a realization...I don't HAVE to stop loving him. I'm the boss of my life and my heart, and i'm a big girl...So I'm done trying to force myself into a road leading further away fom Danny. My posts on Facebook over the past harrowing days have painted this picture clearly, and I feared for my emotional sanity very much so, until I made a decision....


MAY 14th, 2012

And the parts that hurt the most are that I truly believe there wouldve been no end for us if not for what happened to you...it isnt even mostly your fault abt messing up...and I do miss you all the time, everywhere I go, every place I see. We WERE best friends, long before anything else. You taught me so much, changed my life in so many ways, and when you knew the end was coming when things were spinning out of control, you even tried to tell me how to go on without you, and told me to make sure I take my time and have some time to myself to breath and to live. You loved me that much you told me how much you wanted me to be happy and not be burdened with you any more. Well, you WERENT a burden. Idk if i'll EVER let you go...I love you so much and all this hurts so bad. If I had just one more night to listen to your heart, that heart that almost died but lived...if I could just go back in time, maybe something could have been done differently. The odds were against us, against you, from the start. Its just another usual night where I lie down wishing you were here and crying my eyes out for you... :-( 

May 15th, 2012
At this point I feel like taking a BIIIIGGG breath and going back into battle to fight for Danny. This is the man I love. If I cant do anything, even from afar, then so be it, but my gut instincts are telling me that love is worth fighting for, and if someone you love has become compromised, and theres no one else to fight for them...how can I sit back in this pain and not wonder if it is a sign that I am supposed to DO something. This could get weird and ugly, and idk what will happen, but I KNOW now what I want to fight for..its my kids, and after that its Danny. I would only hope and pray that if i were in the shoes he is in, someone would love me enough to fight for me.. :-(

May 17th, 2012
Been a bad few days for me (and PMS plus quitting smoking doesnt help)...been a lot of emotional clutter to get through, a ton of crying, and soul-searching. Also much meditation, weighing of options, discussions with ppl who understand, and coming to terms. And a fair amount of "avoidance sleeping" also. But I am seeing things more clearly now. I realize and accept that I need to maintain my distance from Danny, at least for the immediate future...but that does NOT mean I have to stop loving him, no matter who says I must or should, or tries to push me. This is the reason I havnt been able to let go, the reason I cant move on. I cant allow feeling lonely for who I love, to force me into situations offering comfort, and then when I realize with more of a vengeance that its not what I want, drag ppl's feelings through the mud. Altho it sounds cliche, after all the time that has passed, if someone you love wont go out of your mind, they must have a reason for being there! And I am patient, and willing to wait, and if the time never comes to be together again, so be it...but I can and will have a full-filling life in the meantime, and if its meant that the love fades, it will fade...on its own...not cuz others in my life say it has to! Also, I've come to realize, that I want to continue to advocate for him in any way I can, and offer his mom my support and help. She isn't mentally or emotionally equipped to deal with it all on her own, and she doesnt have the experience and knowledge that I have in dealing with it either. So I feel that whats been missing is that I was 100% in with both feet, before the accident, and then after, with the coma, and the long recovery and all the experiences, and time spent, and love and devotion...and I held his very life in my hands....and now nothing...So this is where I stand right now. Call me crazy, but why then do I suddenly feel so AT PEACE???

Sooo...I know it's best not to have contact with Danny...for maybe a long time...but I won't deny my love anymore. And I feel in my heart that he needs me...or at least the help I can offer him out of my love and concern for him. He's not the only one this has happened to. Several of my friends in brain injury support have told me tales this week of FAR worse behavior problems during recovery. And after 3 or so years, they are much better...and very different. So, I know friends and family may think my feelings are foolish, but I don't think they are at all. All I am simply saying, is that our love was strong...mine is strong. We may NEVER hold one another again, and thats ok, but I don't have to force something to die that clearly isn't. I don't want a relationship with another man...I'm NOT putting away the pictures in my bedroom of Danny and I, and I will focus on living a full-filling life for my kids and I. Only God knows the future. Its not up to me or anyone else to map that out...
This is my part of our journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment