Saturday, December 18, 2010

LETTING NICK IN

Dannys waking more n more, and feeling all his pain worse as well. He was "all over the bed" tonight. He calmed down and fell asleep while i had alone time with him for an hour or so :-)



Danny was opening his eyes more and more and for longer periods on Saturday. He also was moving both his legs back and forth, and his right arm alot, putting it straight up into the air all the time, then letting it fall to his side. And he kept moving his trunk back and forth, back and forth, in the bed.
Nick had been bugging me since the start to let him see Danny, but I wasn't sure if it was the right thing to let him see him like that. I had snapped pix with my phone and took them to Barb's so he could at least see what was going on. In the pictures Danny had the tubes down his throat and all still, and Nick examined them closely, bombarding me with questions about what all the different machines and tubes were for. Now that Danny's face was free of the tubes, and he was waking, I again considered taking Nick in to see him, and decided I would. Danny's sister and mom were against that...not really sure why. They didn't understand the relationship Danny and Nick had for one thing I think, plus they felt it was too traumatic for a child to see...but my heart told me it had to be done for Nick because he wanted to see him. 
When I got Nick to the hospital Friday night, had him wash and gown up and enter the room, I could feel the tension. Nick felt it too. He wanted us to see Danny by ourselves, but others were in the room. Nick is so shy, and I could see him looking at the equipment all over and I sensed him wanting to ask questions and things, but he stood there silently just looking at Danny in the bed. Danny was asleep from his recent medication. We stayed just a short while and left. It hadn't gone the way I'd wanted it to, and I was unhappy...but it was what it was. I promised Nick back at Barb's I would take him back in in the morning when we could visit alone and maybe Danny would be awake to see him, but I couldn't bring him back in Saturday morning cuz he woke up with a cold starting...

All I can say is Danny made my day today! Seeing him movng like that and opening his eyes was the positive reinforcement I needed. Was like an early christmas present!!



Nick got in to see danny last night but he was sleeping from pain meds. Cant take him in today cuz as promised cuz hes starting with a cold this morning. I hope i dont get it or that will keep me away too :-(



Today danny did so many cute things and things seem to be moving along so quickly all the sudden. They even had him outta bed n in a chair today! He really will be ok im sure, and will be coming home eventually. It was awful to leave him tonight. Next 2 days i work 12hrs n cant visit. I love you hunny...so much. You truly are my christmas miracle!

Lorrie L Leickel- Koch WOW!!!!!
December 18, 2010 at 11:02pm 

Robin Kinsey Keppley Great news! I'm so happy for u;)
December 18, 2010 at 11:31pm · 

Amanda Mills Kathy, that is so great to hear.... will still keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayer :) but so happy for you
December 18, 2010 at 11:35pm

Sherry Peletsky Today was amazing!! It was the best day I had in a long time...I am sure you feel the same!
December 18, 2010 at 11:55pm 

Susan Hoffman Fannock Well said........a Christmas Miracle!!!!!
December 19, 2010 at 6:33am 

Judy Peletsky I said he would be our Christmas Miracle .
December 19, 2010 at 8:56am

No comments:

Post a Comment