Sunday, December 12, 2010

FAMILY TIES

Will be at the hospital by abt 11am. Praying maybe today will be the day he opens his eyes. Will update 
I know with all of the time you are spending at the hospital things will be hard this year, and I know Danny would want Nick to be happy, plus you guys are family now!! It means alot knowing I can call you anytime for updates or just to talk!
December 12, 2010 at 10:24am 

Kathleen Quinn-Farber You sure can! You can count on it. Maybe all of this will have a silver lining in that danny can build back the family relationships he let go of at one time.
December 12, 2010 at 1:10pm 

Judy Peletsky I keep telling my self that will happen I hope I am right .
December 12, 2010 at 7:51pm
As I explained before, Danny kinda drove away most of his family, like his mom and sisters, through behaviors of the past. He didn't see them much at all, but we did go visit occasionally. His other closest family... his aunt, uncle and two cousins Sherry and Deanne he basically just avoided in recent years due to his embarassment about his past drug use and the consequences of it. They never stopped loving him though, and his aunt and uncle were so happy a few months before, when I talked Danny into dropping in on them for a visit. I hoped to help him reestablish his broken family relationships. Well, unfortunately, the accident hurried things along, but if one good thing has come out of it all, it is that Danny has his family back, and they have him back too.
I met Sherry and Deanne for the first time in the ICU, and I liked them right away. And as we saw each other more and spent time every other night or so talking on the phone, I found myself growing very fond of them and them of me. It felt nice, especially since my family is just my mom and kids, to feel a part of something bigger. I always wanted a sister or brother, and I dont even have a cousin in my own state or that I've ever had any sort of relationship with.
Sherry gave me a bag that day with some nice T-shirts and a skateboard in it for Nick, to help me with Christmas. I was very touched. Sherry also met Nick, Chris and Tiffany, his girlfriend, that night, and everyone just seemed good together. I felt happy and lucky to have the people in Danny's extended family accept me, and accept us as a couple without question or judgment...
Sedation and pain med is off unless needed and lungs are getting better. Waiting now to see those eyes open. Its been 9 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment