Saturday, August 6, 2011

FOR DANNY.... "Yesterday"...

Aug. 6, 2011

As I've been working on this blog over the past few days, Danny has expressed concern that people reading don't know what he looked like before his accident...before the coma and relearning of everything. He wants people to see the "real him," and what he looked like, he says. I'm not QUITE sure why this concerns him, except that he has always had some social anxiety, and I definitely do understand his feelings in that he may not want to be only "thought of" as the frail and injured guy in the hospital and recovery pictures. He is holding on to his self-image from who he was, and memories he has retained...and so... for you Danny, I am posting a big bunch of pictures of you before all this happened...photos of the handsome and yes, sexy guy you were and still are ...the great "dad" figure you've been with Nick...and a few pictures of us...


Spring 2010

Nick took this of Danny n I about 2yrs ago. I had a friend "photo shop" it, and it sat framed at Danny's bedside all through the hospital and rehab stay, and is above our bed now...

late summer 2009

summer 2010...teaching Nick to target-shoot

summer 2010

very early spring 2010

fall 2010...Danny with his mom Susie, and two sisters Tara and Kimmy

winter 2009 at the arcade

dying eggs with Nick and my granddaughter Sarah spring 2010

My most favorite shot of Danny fall 2009

late summer 2009

spring 2010...Danny's OCD would normally prevent him from tearing worms apart...but he was able to do it for Nick

spring 2010

summer 2010

fall 2009

G-dghtr Sarah and Danny winter 2009

early spring 2010

spring 2010 perfecting his colored egg

spring 2010...a big catch...of "seaweed" lol

fall 2009 Nick and Danny working on my car

fall 2010 Danny with sister Kimmy's children, Zakk and Zoee

spring 2010

winter 2009

winter 2010

These are Danny before we were together (altho I've known him for years)
He was in his early to mid-twenties. This and the last one are I believe when he was in Germany with the service for Operation Enduring Freedom. The middle two are I believe somewhere between 2006-2008...not sure...



No comments:

Post a Comment