Saturday, January 1, 2011

NEW YEAR...NEW BEGINNINGS...

 Wonderin if dannys in his PT or OT abt now. Hopin the boys n i can get down 2mrrw 2 assist n encourage his work. His therapists involve family as much as possible which gives him the ultimate chances of reaching his daily n weekly goals.


Coming from work tonight at 9, i was in tears n felt an overwhelming need to be with danny when 2011 comes in, so nick n i are heading down. I have to do it cuz we were supposed 2 spend it together n it feels wrong 4 that to change. Then 2 barbs after.



Nick and I drove the hour down to the hospital. I called ahead to let them know we were coming for just a short while to bring in the new year with Danny. When we got there Danny was in a deep sleep. Nick was tired and irritable. The ball drop in Times Square was on the TV in his room. We stood at the bedside and I held his hand, and when the year turned from 2010 into 2011, happy couples were shown sharing their New Years kiss. My eyes were so full of tears I could barely see as I leaned over Danny and kissed his forehead. "Happy New Year hunny" I whispered. "I love you."


I will always remember tonight as a bittersweet start to a new year...an old year of endings, followed by a new beginning. Danny had the face of a sleeping angel tonite: peaceful and looking like nothings wrong on the outside, but inside he is being reborn and starting all over again, learning everything like an infant learns. Im so glad nick n i could hold his hand when this new year rang in. IlyD
Facebook on January 1 at 1:59am



No comments:

Post a Comment