Saturday, December 25, 2010

CHRISTMAS





Its after midnight n im up attempting to clean and do wash. I guess 19 nights wearing dannys pajama pants means they are due for a cleaning. Im so exhausted no matter how much i sleep, so i may as well do something physical and be tired anyway. Nite nite honey. I pray you are resting quietly tonight. Ily
Facebook on December 23, 2010 at 12:16am




Ive decided 2 go back 2 accident nite n print all my entries, statuses, notes, comments from friends n loved , and  chronicle it with all the details, memories n progress. Danny will 1 day want 2 go back n know all of it, cuz, well thats just how he is. As the woman who loves him so much, i need 2 do this, 4 him, but also for myself n his family. We are on a journey together w/danny, n it will never be forgotten.
Facebook on December 23, 2010 at 1:20am 

Judy Peletsky A journey it has been ,with a long road to travel yet but it will make us a lot stronger when get to the end of the tunnel .We all need to stick together and make it an easier road for Danny .We will all be needed as we go on this journey.
December 23, 2010 at 7:44am



My visit with danny tonight was sweet. He hugged and held me. He even kissed me 3 times the stinker, and he slipped me his tongue! Lol. Oh well. It was a great 3hrs for me n he both. 




I wish you were shopping in walmart with me baby. I feel so alone. We were gonna have such fun doing this together this year :-(


Done any shopping I can do, visited with Danny and now back home to Tamaqua. Christmas eve will be bitter-sweet w/o Danny home, but the boys and I will visit him tomorrow. Merry Christmas baby. I LOVE YOU!!!!!



Carol Terry Merry Christmas! Danny looks good in the pics-hope he is home soon!
December 24, 2010 at 5:21pm 

Stacy Derr- Walker Yes he does look good. Things are moving along for him. He is a fighter.......he is fighting for you all :)
December 24, 2010 at 5:48pm

Denise Marie Startzel Kathleen, where is he at? I hope close for you.
December 24, 2010 at 9:37pm 

Kathleen Quinn-Farber Hes at st lukes in beth. Its an hour drive. Ive been with him every day but 4 outta the past 22. Alotta driving, but thankfully my best friend lives 25 min from the hosp and i can stay there often. No distance is to far to go, i just hope my car holds up cuz its acting up worse n worse :-)
December 25, 2010 at 9:48am 

Denise Marie Startzel Danny is in my prayers. I don't know what to say about your car. My engine blew up on Friday. The silver lining in trouble is that you see who your REAL friend are because they step up to help and be there.
December 25, 2010 at 9:58am 

Kathleen Quinn-Farber That is so true denise.  Im so proud of my son chris and how he has stepped up during this whole thing.
December 25, 2010 at 10:53am 

Denise Marie Startzel Focus on the positive and try to enjoy your Christmas with Danny and your family! Next Christmas will be definitely better for your family because he'll be home with you.
December 25, 2010 at 11:00am 

Kathleen Quinn-Farber Thanx. This will be remembered as a bitter sweet one. It has been awful going thru this near the holidays, but my best gift is danny waking up and knowing i still have him. The months to come wont be easy. I feel the brain injury recovery will be a hard slow process.
December 25, 2010 at 11:07am

kathy u look relaxed and happy.have a merry xmas. December 24, 2010 at 6:47pm ·

Kathleen Quinn-Farber Well, being able to somehow communicate best i can with danny, let alone almost losing him forever...well im pretty darn happy considering. I have to keep the faith that he will return to who he was.
December 24, 2010 at 7:31pm




Merry christmas to all. I love the mom locket my sons gave me with their pics inside. To see danny this eve. Chris is having nick open one of his gifts there cuz danny was so looking forward to today with him!




Almost 3pm. Not feeling great. So exhausted. Have to get showers and get moving. Noone is motivated. My car is going down i think and its scaring me. No car no getting 2 work or 2 danny. 2days 1 of those weird days danny n i would jus cuddle on the sofa all day, relax n 4get the world.


Me n the boys visit was nice. He seemed pretty drowzy n not as alert as past 2 days, but he started his meds from home today n that cud b y. Its possible within the week he may go 2 good shepherd 2 begin rehab!! He reached 4 chris hand several times, watched nick open a gift, and held tightly n wouldn let go of the father/son teddybear from nick.


Christmas was a bitter-sweet mixture of sadness and joy. Financially it was awful, as I had only worked a few days all month. Bills were behind. Chris told me to forget about himself and everyone else and just make it as good as I could for Nick. My employer had generously sent me a check from a collection my fellow nurses at work took for me, and if not for that there would be no gifts for Nick. Chris got us a live tree and he and my daughter and her bf put it up and decorated just a bit. It was touching to come home from the hospital so weary that night, pull up out front seeing lights in the window and a tree standing tall inside.
Christmas morning was a happy time and one that made me appreciate life and family. Chris gave me a beautiful locket necklace with his and Nick's pictures inside.
I was very fatigued by this point and it wasn't easy to shower and get ready to go to the hospital. Myself and the boys went down. Danny was much more drowsy than he had been in previous days and it alarmed me somewhat. He looked now and then as I opened his gifts for him, and he watched Nick open one of his that we saved from the morning. Nick had picked out as his gift for Danny a teddy bear holding a small teddy in its arms. Danny clutched tight to the bear, and reached toward Chris a few times. He just seemed to be declined since the previous day and so I resolved to call the unit and doctor first thing in the morning...



No comments:

Post a Comment